- Pick up your commemorative 4 oz. glass and start sampling some of the 300+ beers available.
- Buy a Rocket City Brewfest shirt BEFORE they run out.
- Bring a designated driver. For only $10, designated drivers have access to live musical entertainment and wonderful food vendors.
- Make a pretzel necklace to wear to the festival. Not only will it be a fashion statement, but unsalted pretzels make great palate cleansers between beer samples.
- Bring your I.D. Alabama Beverage Control (ABC) agents will be doing random I.D. checks, so everyone through the gates should have their I.D. on them at all times.
- Enjoy a chilidog from Anaheim Chili. This is their fifth year in attendance, so they’re pros at it.
- Drink lots of water for FREE! Earth Fare will be providing free bottles of water at the event. Make sure to stay hydrated.
- Grab a pizza from Earth and Stone Wood Fired Pizza.
- Sample cider and mead. Not only will there be plenty of brews to try, but there will also be a tent devoted to ciders and meads.
- Bring a blanket or chair.
- Cast your vote for the First Annual Golden Growler Award.
- Sign up or renew your Free the Hops (FTH) membership. This is a great way to meet fellow craft beer lovers.
- Get a room at Holiday Inn Research Park or Huntsville Marriott. Both hotels are offering great rates on single night stays just for Rocket City Brewfest guests.
- Enjoy the live musical entertainment. On Friday, the festival will open with Kings Haze followed by Josh Allison and headliner Rob Aldridge & Company. Saturday will open with .45 Surprise followed by Mambo Gris Gris.
- Bring plenty of change. “Penny-a-Pour” buckets are stationed at each beer tent.
- Buy a cupcake from Sugar Belle Cupcake’s pink truck.
- Bring cash and visit the Redstone Federal Credit Union Mobile ATM if you run out.
- Take a taxi home. Local cab companies will be nearby for guests who need a safe ride.
- Sample some of the great local beers our city has to offer. Though there will be plenty of out-of-state beers to try, don’t forget to show our local brewers some love.
- Thank a volunteer. This event is hosted by FTH (Free The Hops), an all-volunteer 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, and the event would not be possible without kind folks volunteering their time. Make sure you show them your appreciation so they’ll do it again next year.
- DRINK RESPONSIBLY! Rocket City Brewfest will offer over 200 different beers, meads and cider to sample. Select only your favorites, stay hydrated and make sure you have appropriate transportation from the event.
Which iHeartHsv blogger wrote this?
At the age of 12, a subscription to National Geographic magazine began Sarah’s passionate love for all things related to photography, and since then she’s photographed everything from weddings to house fires to beautiful desserts. Sarah works as a photographer and writer in North Alabama and has photographed for numerous national brands including Southern Living, Cooking Light and Pillsbury. She also writes for several local magazines and is a regular contributor to the popular food blog Huntsville Eats. See more of her photography at S. Belanger Photography and keep up with her food adventures at The Jealous Crumpet.
The post 22 Things To Do At The Rocket City Brewfest In Huntsville, Alabama appeared first on iHeartHsv.com.