Madison Street Festival
Madison, Alabama’s, largest event – the Madison Street Festival – happens each year in early fall in Madison’s historic old town district. The weather forecast calls for a gorgeous sunny day this October 7th! Admission is free to this family-friendly event.
The Festival kicks off at 9 am with parade from Insanity Skate Park to Madison Elementary School. Park for free at the Madison City Schools Football Stadium or Crosspoint Church and ride the complimentary shuttle in.
The Festival also offers:
- A car show with a wide variety of cars, trucks and motorcycles
- 2 music stages with 8 entertainers
- A community showcase stage featuring 12 local groups demonstrating their talents
- Children’s area with free arts & crafts for kids under 12, face painting, games and more
- Artist Alley juried art festival with 30 local fine artists
- Crafter’s Cove with over 40 crafters
- Student Art Tent
- Information Booth zone with dozens of local businesses, clubs & organizations, parks and city and county departments
- 25 food vendors
- And more!
If that’s not enough, Downtown Madison’s local businesses and restaurants will also be open for the event.
The 37th annual Madison Street Festival is at 101 Main Street in Madison, Alabama on October 7th, 2017 from 9 am to 4 pm, rain or shine. Entrance and parking is FREE, and parking shuttles begin running at 6 am. Pets on leashes are welcome, and be sure to bring cash. Free public Wi-Fi is available. Check their website for more information!
Which iHeartHsv blogger wrote this?
Nicole Castle Brookus is a local food systems consultant, writer, artist & photographer, avid gardener, lover of all things geeky, and the Executive Director of Southern Foodscapes, an organization that advocates for healthy, resilient and sustainable local food systems. In her spare time, she studies the traditional herbal medicine of the southeastern United States and spends time hiking in the woods and foraging for wild foods. You can find a roundup of her content from around the web at www.brookus.com/blog.